Scott 2011 Scale 949 29er
Scott unveils its Scale 949 29er model for 2011 in three sizes (medium, large and extra large). Comfortable and steady, the Scale 949 comes with a new seat and chain stays infused together that has a hollow tube along the bend, right above the dropouts. The chainstays measures 438mm.
The Scott Scale 949 has a tapered head tube and uses internal cable routing for a clean and slick front end. It uses the Press Fit BB30 which can allow you to use a wide BB shell and downtube junction. The derailleur cables also exit at the BB shell while the fork features the Reba 20mm to thicken the steering feel and matches the girth of the head tube assembly.
Scott’s Shock Damping System was used on the seatstays which gives you a vertical flex of 4mm to 5mm at the rear axle. Retail prices for the Scott’s Scale 29er are as follows:
• Scott Scale 29er RC: $6,299 (HMX Net carbon)
• Scott Scale 29er Pro: $2,399 (HMF Net carbon)
• Scott Scale 29er Elite: $1,599 (aluminum)
• Scott Scale 29er Team: $1,299 (aluminum)
• Scott Scale 29er Comp: $949 (aluminum)