Greg LeMond, a legend in cycling, delivers a new bike trainer part of the LeMond Fitness line. Known as the Revolution, it is said to be one of the leaders in real life feel performance.
The LeMond Revolution Bike Trainer works as a resistance trainer, and uses HIT which stands for High Inertia Technology plus it works with a large weighted flywheel that acts as a rolling bicycle, will spin freely, and adds wind resistance just like you are riding on the open roads. Containing a overall natural feel, even when slowing down you won’t feel lag.
Inspired by the wind resistance trainer that Greg LeMond used while partaking in the Tour de France. “Bike trainers have to be comfortable and must directly lead to better performance on the road in order to be effective,” said LeMond. “Alternative magnetic, fluid and mechanical trainers create resistance that feels like riding in sand or mud. The realistic feel of the Revolution makes all the difference in having a positive training experience. Once you get on it, nothing touches it.”
With the Revolution, set up is quick with the easy on, easy off design that will fit road, triathlon, and mountain bikes. Simply remove the rear wheel, align the rear drop outs with the quick release mounting levers on the trainer and your ready to ride. You can purchase yours at LeMond retailers soon.
LeMond Revolution Specifications
* High Inertia Technology (HIT) – large, weighted flywheel adds inertia and lets bike freewheel naturally with a wider range of resistance
* Progressive Wind Resistance – resistance progresses with speed, creating a smooth pedal stroke with no lag
* Easy-on, Easy-off Design – simply remove the back wheel and attach the rear dropouts to the spindle
* Stable Frame – the frame won’t flex and allows cyclists to ride out of the saddle
* Great for Mountain Bike Training – simply remove the back wheel
* Power Pilot Meter (Fall 2010) – wireless power meter displays watts, cadence, distance, speed, heart rate, and calories with USB download capability (sold separately)