Schweitzer Mountain Resort, Idaho will get to host downhill mountain bike racing once more since 2005 NORBA. The Fluidride Cup racing series is Northwest’s top event and Schweitzer is included as stop#4 in the 5-stop tour. Other stops in the tour are Whistler, B.C. and Mt. Hood, Oregon.
Because of the event, Schweitzer has plans to build a new pro course to challenge and provoke riders to excel. There is a potential of a 2200 ft vertical. Intermediate and beginner courses will be allocated to existing trails in the area.
Fluidride owner Simon Lawton writes on his site about the Schweitzer race course, “Anyone who remembers racing there can tell you that this mountain is the real deal with terrain that just keeps coming. With such large vertical, Schweitzer may make a great future Fluidride Enduro location as well.”
Brandon Peterson, Schweitzer events manager, shares Lawton’s sentiments, “We’re really excited about this event. It’s a great opportunity to share with the biking community the kind of diverse downhill terrain we offer!”
More details here.
The Fluidride Cup Technical DH Series (Amateurs limited to 250 riders. Pro is unlimited.)
• Fluidride Cup #1: May 29-30 – Whistler Mountain Bike Park, BC
• Fluidride Cup #2: June 25-27 – Mt. Hood SkiBowl, OR
• Fluidride Cup #3: July 9-11 – Mt. Hood Skibowl, OR
• Fluidride Cup #4: August 20-22 – Schweitzer Resort, ID
• Fluidride Cup #5: Series Final: September 24-26 – Mt. Hood SkiBowl, OR