USA Cycling Reviews Continental Team Applications
USA Cycling announced that it is reviewing 12 UCI Continental Team Status applications for the 2010 season. The deadline to turn in an application was October 30th, any candidates to apply after this date will not be accepted for the 2010 season. The 12 teams who have plans to compete in the USA Cycling Professional Tour are:
- Bahati Foundation Pro Cycling Team
- BISSELL Pro Cycling
- Jamis/Sutter Home presented by Colavita
- Jelly Belly Cycling presented by Kenda
- Kelly Benefit Strategies
- Kenda Pro Cycling presented by Gear Grinder
- Adageo Energy Pro Cycling
- Team Hotel San Jose
- Team Mountain Khakis fueled by Jittery Joe’s
- Team Type 1
- Trek LIVESTRONG U23 Cycling Team presented by RadioShack
- UnitedHealthcare presented by Maxxis
An American-based women’s team, Team TIBCO, has also applied to be UCI-sanctioned for this season, and will be the only women’s team on the USA Cycling Calendar in 2010. The applications are currently under review and waiting for UCI approval, and will be announced formally in December. Stay tuned to find out who’s been approved.
Via Velo News.